We run basic computer classes in the Central Library and some of our Hub Libraries. You can also find out about helpful resources on our Jobseekers' leaflet, which you can download or pick up in your local library.
Teach yourself books
We have a range of research tools in the eLibrary that can help with job seeking including:
- planning your career in a week
- run your own business
- succeeding at interviews in a week
- successful business communication in a week
- successful job hunting in a week
- successful people management in a week
- successful pitching in a week
- successful public speaking in a week
You will need your library card to access this service.
We have a variety of magazines available within Information Services in the Central Library.
Many of the specialist magazines include recruitment sections. You can also access the magazine websites either at home or using our People’s Network Computers throughout our libraries.
Job supplements in newspapers
Newspapers include jobs sections on specific days. The Yorkshire Post, Daily Telegraph and Sheffield Star advertise jobs on a Thursday. Jobs Today covers regional recruitment in a wide area from Leeds to Mansfield.
The Guardian focuses on different recruitment sections on different days:
- Monday Media Section covers: Creative, Media, Sales, Marketing
- Tuesday Education Section covers: Teaching, Higher and Further Education, School Management
- Wednesday Society Section covers: social services, social care, public appointments
- Thursday Technology Section covers ICT
- SaturdayWork Section covers graduate jobs all areas