Donations to the library
Sheffield Libraries Archives and Information welcome donations from the public in the following areas:
Sheffield Libraries Archives and Information welcome donations of material with a local connection, especially community publishing and material now out of print. In this instance, the content of the material is more important than its condition.
There are also some other areas of special interest:
- climbing and mountaineering
- music scores
- light romances
- Mills and Boon
Before being added to stock, items will be assessed using our normal selection criteria. They may be placed in any of our service points and be moved to others if required.
If they are not required they may be offered for sale. Any money raised will become the property of Sheffield Libraries Archives and Information. Once donated they become the property of Sheffield Libraries Archives and Information.
If you have material that you think would be of interest, you can take it to any of the following libraries in Sheffield:
- Crystal Peaks
- Firth Park
- Parson Cross @ The Learning Zone
We do not normally accept:
- items which are in poor physical condition
- factual information that is out of date (except for Local History items)
- abridged novels
- magazine part works
- books which are given away with newspapers or magazines
- house clearances
- material which contravenes our selection policies
- DVDs due to rental restrictions
- unsolicited donations