We have vacancies for permanent, temporary and relief School Crossing Wardens to help children cross the road on their way to and from school.
You must be able to work mornings and afternoons during school term time and be able to communicate well with both children and adults.
You will be working outdoors in all weathers and must be able to stand for long periods of time.
Full training and a uniform is provided.
Please note the salary is pro rata and you will only be paid for hours worked.
For more details about the vacancies please contact Shirley Adams on 0114 273 5818 or Moira Stevenson on 0114 205 3392
Please see below for locations and hours available:
1. Halfway Infant/Halfway Junior – Station Road/Halfway Drive. From 8:30am to 9:00am and 2:55pm to 3:20pm.
2. Oasis Don Valley Academy – Worksop Road/School Gates. From 8:30am to 8:55am and 3:10pm to 3:35pm.
3. Clifford Infant / Hunters Bar Infant/Junior School – Psalter Lane/Clifford Road. From 8:30am to 8:55am and 2:55pm to 3:20pm.
4. Malin Bridge Primary School – Dykes Lane/School entrance. From 8:20am to 8:55am and 3:15pm to 3:40pm.
5. Meynell/Chaucer School - Southey Hill/Wordsworth Avenue. From 8:20am to 8:50am and 3:05pm to 3:35pm.
6. Athelstan Primary - Richmond Park Road. From 8:10am to 8:45am and 2:55pm to 3:30pm.
7. Mundella Primary – Derbyshire Lane/Mundella Place. From 8:30am to 8:55am and 3:10pm to 3:35pm.
8. Intake Infant and Junior School – Mansfield Road, Pelican Crossing. From 8:35am to 9am and 3:15pm to 3:50pm
9. Southey Green Primary School – Southey Green Road/Crowder Avenue. From 8:10am to 8:55am and 3:10 to 3:35pm.
10. Grenoside Community Primary - Main Street / Norfolk Hill. From 8:20am to 8:55am and 3:10 to 3:35pm.
11. Oasis Academy Fir Vale - Page Hall Road/Hinde House Lane. From 8:25am to 8:55am and 3:15pm to 3:45pm.
11. Beck Primary - Bellhouse Road/Beck Road. From 8:25am to 8:55am and 2:55pm to 3:20pm.
13. Relief Posts – Relief Cover/Hours will vary
List updated 10/07/2018
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service form in line with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 and the Police Act Regulations.
We are committed to fairness and social justice and welcome applications from everyone. We value our diverse workforce and aim to work together to make the most of our differences. Under the Two Ticks Scheme, disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria of this job are guaranteed an interview.
Closing Date: extended to 31/12/2018