We have vacancies for permanent, temporary and relief School Crossing Wardens to help children across the road on their way to and from school.
You must be able to work mornings and afternoons during the school term time and be able to communicate well with both children and adults.
You will be working outdoors in all weathers and must be able to stand for long periods of time.
Full training and a uniform is provided.
Please note the salary is pro rata and you will just be paid for hours worked.
Please see below for locations and hours available:
- Halfway Infant/Halfway Junior - Station Road/Halfway Drive: 08:30-09:00 and 14:55-15:20
- Nether Edge School - Sheldon Road/Sandford Grove Road: 08:25–08:55 and 15:15-15:35
- Oasis Don Valley Academy - Worksop Road/School Gates: 08:30-08:55 and 15:10-15:35
- Clifford Infant/Hunters Bar Infant/Junior School - Psalter Lane/Clifford Road: 08:30-08:55 and 14:55-15:20
- Malin Bridge Primary School - Dykes Lane/School entrance: 08:20-08:55 and 15:15-15:40
- Meynell/Chaucer School - Southey Hill/Wordsworth Avenue: 08:2008:50 and 15:05-15:35
- Athelstan Primary - Richmond Park Road: 08:10-08:45 and 14:55-15:30
- Ecclesall CofE Junior - Ringinglow Road/School Gates: 08:25–8:55 and 15:10–15:45
- Intake Infant and Junior School - Mansfield Road, Pelican Crossing. Hours 08:35 - 09:00 and 15:15 - 15:50
- Relief Posts: Relief Cover/Hours will vary
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service form in line with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 and the Police Act Regulations.
We are committed to fairness and social justice and welcome applications from everyone. We value our diverse workforce and aim to work together to make the most of our differences. Under the Two Ticks Scheme, disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria of this job, are guaranteed an interview.