There is support available to keep your home warm and reduce your energy costs. You may be eligible for grants and loans to improve energy efficiency, along with other help towards bills.
Home energy calculator
The quick and simple way to work out how you could reduce your energy bills.
Energy grants calculator
Work out if you could get financial help with heating costs, insulation, boilers or money for heating costs.
Our top tips to reduce your fuel bills
- draw curtains at night. Don’t obstruct radiators; allow the heat to circulate.
- switch off lights and appliances. Leaving an appliance on standby uses 80% as much energy as it being on.
- turndown your central heating thermostat 1oc. This could cut your heating bill by 10%
- make sure your loft is insulated
- fit energy efficient light bulbs