This is a financial penalty that we can impose on an individual or organisation as an alternative to prosecution for the following offences under the Housing Act 2004:
- failure to comply with an Improvement Notice
- offences in relation to licensing of Houses in Multiple Occupation
- offences in relation to licensing of houses under Part 3 of the Act
- offences of contravention of an overcrowding notice
- failure to comply with management regulations in respect of Houses in Multiple Occupation
If you have received a 'final notice' about an imposed financial penalty you should pay that penalty.
Civil penalties must be paid online, by debit or credit card.