If you are disabled or an older person and finding it difficult to do everyday tasks, you may be able to apply for a grant for adaptations to your home would make life easier.

You can ask us to assess your needs for any adaptations to help you by contacting us. If you do not qualify our officers can talk to you about what support we can offer. 

Terms and conditions

  • you cannot pay relatives to carry out work or claim the grant money to do it yourself
  • the work to be paid for by a disabled facilities grant must only be started after the grant has been approved and you have received a grant approval certificate
  • you can apply for further adaptations if your circumstances have changed
  • the disabled facilities grant is not for repairs. However if you are a homeowner aged 75 years or over, and are in receipt of a qualifying benefit you may be entitled to a minor works grant
  • if there has been a change in circumstance you must inform the housing technical officer in private sector housing
  • the supplier or builder will be working for you, which is useful to know in the event of any dispute or problem