It is very important you read and understand your tenancy conditions. Breaking your tenancy conditions could lead to you losing your home.
We have recently updated our tenancy conditions following citywide consultation with our customers.
The new conditions are more relevant to today’s tenants and, we hope, easier to understand, so everyone knows what their responsibilities are.
The new conditions affect everybody who has a secure or furnished tenancy with Sheffield City Council.
Important changes include:
- a requirement for tenants to pay rent by Direct Debit
- more freedom for customers to have pets, but with stricter conditions
- stronger conditions relating to fire safety in our properties
- a new condition to make it clear that we may charge someone the cost of replacement keys/locks if they lose their keys
- several new conditions about communal areas and parts of the property shared with neighbours
- stricter rules around rubbish disposal