School street trading is where a trader parks outside or near a school from Monday to Friday during school term times to sell ice-cream:
- 12 noon until 2pm
- 3pm until 4.30pm
You must hold a valid ice cream mobile street trading consent prior to making an application for a school street trading consent.
You will also be required to obtain written confirmation from the head teacher of a school to which you wish to trade, stating that the head teacher does not object to the consent being granted.
Written confirmation must be on school headed paper and will not be accepted in any other form.
Applicants must meet the city wide qualitative criteria which forms the basis on which to test applications - see below.
School street trading consents expire on the 31st March.
What it costs
The fee is £50 which must be submitted with your application.
Apply for street trading consent
Download and post the application form below.
You will be required to submit the following to us:
- A completed application form
- The relevant fee
- 3 colour photographs of the vehicle to be used showing front, back and side
- 2 passport sized colour photographs of the applicant(s).
- Passport of the applicant(s)
- Drivers licence of the applicant(s)
- One other proof of identity, showing applicant’s name and current address (utility bill, bank statement etc)
- Right to work documentation (if applicable)
- Details of any food hygiene qualifications (unless trading in non-food items)
- If trading in food confirmation that your business has food hygiene score rating of 3 or above
- Confirmation that you meet the city wide qualitative criteria
- Any further information you may wish to submit in support of your application
The following documents must be forwarded to us before the grant of a consent:
- A certificate of insurance in respect of the vehicle
- An appropriate vehicle test certificate
- A certificate of public liability insurance (the level of cover shall be a minimum of £2,000,000)
- Written confirmation that the vehicle meets our food safety standards
- Waste management contract
- Declare that you have registered as a food business if relevant
If you need more space to make your application, please securely attach additional sheets to your application.
Terms and conditions
There are no additional criteria attached to school permits other than our standard terms and conditions