Street trading is restricted around Sheffield’s football grounds and any trader wishing to trade within an 800 metre radius of both grounds on match days will be required to apply for a football street trading consent.
Any pitch identified within the circle on the plans attached below requires a Football Street Trading Consent on match days at each of the football grounds.
Football matches permitted
Those granted football consents will be permitted to trade at all 1st team home fixtures, friendlies and internationals for 4 hours before, during and up to 1 hour after each fixture for that particular ground (this does not include beam back or similar events, 1 day consents must be applied for in this instance).
Number of permit consents
Restrictions have been placed on the number of consents that can be issued at each stadium in order to avoid over-crowding, congestion and conflict between traders.
The following indicates the maximum consents permitted around both grounds:
Sheffield United Football Ground, 15 consents
Sheffield Wednesday Football Ground, 19 consents
Any applications for new consents beyond the restricted numbers referred to above shall be placed before the Licensing Committee for determination.
Additional consents are only likely to be granted by the Licensing Committee if the applicant can demonstrate to the Committee that the unit will be a minimum of 25 metres away from any other current consent holder and that the consent site applied for does not cause any obstruction, block footpaths or exit routes from the stadia.
- £515 (on application) for hot and cold food and drinks
- £115 (on application) for memorabilia
Our standard street trader terms and conditions apply
Apply for football ground street trading consent
Download the application form below or contact us.
You will be required to submit the following to us:
- A completed application form
- The relevant fee
- 3 colour photographs of the unit to be used showing front, back and side
- A copy of an ordnance survey based map of at least 1:1250 scale (a Google map will not be sufficient). The map should clearly identify the precise trading position, confirming you are at least 25 metres away from the nearest trader
- 2 passport sized colour photographs of the applicant(s)
- Passport(s) of the applicant(s)
- Driving licence(s) of the applicant(s)
- 1 other proof of identity, showing applicant’s name and current address (utility bill or bank statement)
- Right to work documentation (if applicable)
- Written confirmation from Highways Department confirming consultation on the site
- Written confirmation from the Planning Department confirming consultation
- If trading from private land, written confirmation from the landowner
- Details of any food hygiene qualifications (unless trading in non-food items)
- Confirmation that you meet the qualitative criteria (attached below)
- Any further information in support of your application
The following documents must be forwarded to us before the grant of a consent:
- A certificate of insurance in respect of the vehicle or tow vehicle you propose to use
- An appropriate vehicle test certificate
- A certificate of public liability insurance (the level of cover shall be a minimum of £2,000,000)
- Written confirmation that the vehicle meets our food safety standards
- Waste management contract (if applicable)
- Declaration that you have registered as a food business (if applicable)
If you need more space to make your application, please securely attach additional sheets to your application.