We offer two types of ways to have your documents checked and sent to the Home Office for Citizenship:
- the Nationality Document Return Service
- the Nationality Checking Service
About the Nationality Document Return Service (NDRS)
This is an optional service for applicants who have made an online application for British Citizenship.
For these applicants we are able to photocopy and certify your documents and send them to the Home Office allowing you to keep the originals, including your passport.
If you use this service you are also able to use the Joint Citizenship and Passport Service (JCAP).
To use this service you must make your online application and bring to an appointment;
- your application/document checklist – you will print this when you submit the online application (this should include your PNN (Payment Notification Number)
- all original supporting documents (as listed in the application guidance notes you will find online)
- referee pages with original passport sized photograph
- all adults applying must attend and if doing JCAP children aged 15 years and 6 months and over must attend.
If you are also applying for JCAP you will need your paper Passport Form (available from the Post Office) and Two extra photographs identical to the one used for Citizenship.
The Fee for NDRS is £ 36.00 (inclusive of VAT) per person
The fee for NDRS with JCAP is £ 50.00 (inclusive of VAT) per person
Please note that once you have submitted your application online you have 10 working days to submit your documents to the Home Office by either using a NDRS or sending them yourself.
This online application together with the NDRS currently can only be used for AN and MN1 applications. Any other type of application will need to be by paper form and will not be eligible for JCAP.
If you wish to apply via a paper form (available to print from the Home Office website) we can currently offer Nationality Checking Service (NCS) where we check the paper form and copy and certify the copies of your originals before sending to Home Office.
About the Nationality Checking Service (NCS)
This is an optional service where we will check your paper application form for your application for British Citizenship. For a fee we will;
- check your application form is completed correctly
- check copy and certify your passports and other documents ensuring you can take the originals home
- make sure that you have included the correct payment
- send your application to the Home Office safely and quickly by next day delivery service.
You are not able to use the JCAP service with this method of application.
When you contact us to book an appointment we will need to ask some questions to confirm that you meet all of the Home Office requirements including the language and Life in the UK requirement. You can check this on the Home Office website.
Our fees for NCS are £80.00 per adult and £80.00 per child (£30.00 per each additional child or for a child applying with an adult) inclusive of VAT and in addition to the Home Office fees.
Payment of our fees & booking an appointment
You will need to pay a the full fee when you book your appointment. This can be paid by debit or credit card over the phone or by cash, debit or credit card in person.
You cannot book an appointment without paying the fee.
It is important to note that the Home Office Fee should be made by debit or credit card or cheque only as the payment will be posted to the Home Office with your application - we cannot post cash.
To book an appointment or for more information please call the team.
Please note that this service is strictly a Copy and Certify (NDRS) or Check and Send (NCS) service only. Your application will be assessed by the Home Office. If the Home Office need more information they will contact you directly.