Bulky waste is household waste that is too big to fit in your bin, including furniture and electrical goods.

Bulky waste collection

You can take bulky waste to one of our Household Recycling Centres or you can arrange a collection via our partner Veolia.

Donate unwanted items to charity

Someone may make use of your unwanted items such as furniture or electrical appliances, if your unwanted items are in good condition then you could consider giving them to a charity.

Organising a collection

To organise a bulky waste collection call us using the contact details on this page.

There are no charges for Council Housing Service, Great Places, ACIS and Sanctuary tenants, however private tenants and householders will be charged based on the number of items that need collecting.

A collection service is also available for household fixtures and fittings (including baths) for a minimum charge of £61.20.

Batteries, engine oil and light bulbs

Our Household Waste Recycling Centres have designated containers on site.


Water based paints are able to be disposed of with general waste, but all other paints are classified as hazardous waste and will need to be taken to Blackstock Road Household Waste Recycling Centre.

Clinical waste

This is a free service that you will need to arrange with your district nurse or with the hospital as your return home.

A supply of yellow sacks will be provided each week with information on how to use it. Once you have used your yellow sack please securely seal it and place it outside your front door, or in the agreed place, by 7am on your collection day.

Do not place clinical waste into domestic wheeled bins. 

Contact Waste Management Service

5th Floor (North)
Howden House
1 Union Street

S1 2SH