Some people and families may be entitled to help with their rent and Council Tax if they are on a low income. How much you are entitled to depends on your circumstances and income.

People who work and people who are unemployed can claim. Through the sections on this page, you will be able to work out if you are entitled to help, make a claim, change your address, notify us of change in your circumstances, view your account or even report benefit fraud.

You may also have to provide information or supporting evidence that confirms your eligibility, if this is the case, the relevant section will indicate this. 

Customer Satisfaction Survey

If you have recently contacted the Housing Benefits Service, please take a few moments to give us your feedback on the experience.

Benefits Team

P.O. Box 1310