Skip to content

How to get care and support

Care and Support is changing

You may have heard of changes because of the Care Act, which will help to make care and support consistent across the country. About Care and Support - Care Act.


Get care and support

If you think you need our help contact us.

When you contact us we will talk to you about the problems you are having and how you can get support.

If you need short term help to regain your independence, we will talk to you about support we can give you to help you learn new ways to do things or regain your independence.

Regaining independence.

If you have significant or long term needs we will arrange to visit you to carry out a social care needs assessment.

 If you are eligible to receive support from us, we will work with you on a Care and Support Plan describing how we will neet your needs. We will then help you arrange the care and support you need.

We will also carry out a financial assessment to work out if you are able to pay towards the cost of the support.

Your Care and Support Plan is then reviewed regularly, to make sure you still need support, and that your support is meeting your needs. You can also ask for a review if you find you no longer need support or your situation changes.


There's more information about getting care and support in our factsheet. You can also read about how you can get help with travel arrangements and what a Support Plan and Assessment Questionnaire look like.

  • Modified: Apr 15, 2015 12:09:29 PM