Skip to content

Contact adult social care

Contact us about adult social care:

Ask us a question about adult social care.

Telephone us (select option 5).  This includes out of office hours and weekend emergency.

Visit First Point in the city centre.

Write to:

Adult Access Team
Howden House
S1 2SH

Make a complaint.


Learning disabilities


Telephone 0114 2262900

Write to
33 Love Street,
S3 8NW


Mental health

Contact your GP for referral to a Community Mental Health Team.

Adult mental health services are provided by the Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust.


Hospital Social Work Teams

Social work services may also be provided to patients in hospitals and their families. Speak to the hospital ward staff for more information.


More information

We have a range of factsheets with more information about Adult Social Care.

If you would like to receive one or more of these please email

  • Get care and support
  • Stay independent
  • Planning and organising your support
  • Review your care and support
  • Manage your Direct Payment
  • Disability Related Expenditure
  • Paying towards your care and support at home
  • Paying towards your care and support in a residential or nursing home
  • Deferred payments
  • Manage your finances
  • About independent advocacy
  • Help with travel
  • Children's transition to adult care and support services


Interpreting and translation

If English is not your first language and you need support when contacting social care services for help please let one of our staff know.

We have qualified Interpreters who provide both face to face and telephone Interpretation in the main languages spoken in Sheffield, including Arabic, Bengali, Chinese, Somali and Urdu.

We can also provide support to communicate using British Sign Language.

Please mention the support you need when you speak to our staff.

  • Modified: Aug 23, 2016 11:18:24 AM