After all the preparation, this is when you actually get to deliver the plan. The main tasks for the Project Manager at this stage are:
- Delivering the right things in the right sequence.
- Making the most of resources.
- Monitoring progress against plans and updating them if necessary.
- Managing the cost and impact of any change requests.
- Implementing the Communication Plan.
- Following the agreed reporting procedure and schedule for Highlight Reports.
- Raising an Exception Report if the stage looks likely to exceed tolerances on cost or time.
In addition to the above, the Project Manager should ensure that there is a constant cycle of updates to a number of key documents and the controlled delivery of stages. These are discussed in the next section, Delivering the Project.