Skip to content

Notification of Change of Details or Club Rules

Where a club holds a club premises certificate or has made an application for a club premises certificate which has not yet been determinedy, the Secretary of the club must give notice to us of any change in the name, address, or alterations made to the rules of the club.



The Licensing Authority needs to be notified if there are any of the following changes:

  • Change of name of the Club
  • Change of registered address of the Club
  • Any alterations to the rules of the Club

This notification must be made to the Licensing Authority for the area in which the premises is situated.

Back to the top


The cost for the above changes is £10.50.

Payment can be made by cheque (made payable to Sheffield City Council) through the post and cash and cheques are accepted if you bring it to our reception.

Back to the top

Eligibility Criteria

The club secretary must notify us within 28 days following the day on which the change of name, address or alteration of club rules is made.

Failure to comply is an offence under the Act. The notification should include:

  • details of change of name or alteration to club rules;
  • the club premises certificate or, if that is not practicable, by a statement of the reasons for the failure to produce the certificate;
  • the relevant fee.

Back to the top

Regulation Summary


Application Evaluation Process

There is no set application process as your notice will take effect immediately provided that all relevant documentation and the appropriate fee is attached.


How we will notify you / Timescales

Once we receive your notification, we will process and update the certificate within 14 days.

Back to the top

Making an application

Notify us online of a change of name or address or a change in the club rules.

Note: when you click the link above, you will be redirected to the governments Business Link website. You are required to create a Government Gateway account before you can proceed with your application.

If you'd prefer, you can contact us for the appropriate form, or you may print the form from the downloadable documents at the bottom of the page and send it to us through the post or bring it to our reception.

Payment can be made by cheque (made payable to Sheffield City Council) through the post and cash and cheques are accepted if you bring it to our reception.

For details of our postal address, how to find our reception and reception opening times please contact us.

Back to the top

Complaints and Feedback

Members of the public who are experiencing problems with club premises can contact us for advice.


Useful links

Back to the top

European Commission Logo

Sheffield City Council is a part of the European network for delivering information relating to doing business in the European Economic Area.

For full information on the EU Services Directive and Points of Single Contact for other member states, go to the European Commission website.


  • Modified: Mar 15, 2012 11:46:08 AM